Fighting in the Heart of Liberal Madison for life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. This blog will focus on liberal hypocrisy and the small, but significant victories of the right at the University of Wisconsin - Madison.

05 December 2005

I will buy a Poster with this on it!!!:

An English Pakistani text book had the following poem in it:

It is awesome!! From the news story:

The 20-line anonymous poem, The Leader, lists the qualities of "a man who will do what he must" and bears a passing resemblance to Rudyard Kipling's If.

Some of my favorite lines: Ever assuring he'll stand by his word...Tells it strait and means it too... Easy in manner yet strong as steel...Waiting for the world to join his firm stand.

You are damn strait. Seriously, if there are any marketers out there, I will buy a poster to hang up in my room! A lot of money could be made.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bill Anderson said...

I wish I could show you all the posters on my wall, Bob. They are called "Celebrate People's History"

This perfectly illustrates the difference between us. You follow. You do not question. You just accept what you are told by your leaders.

I do not follow leaders. I question authority, and think for myself. I take action on my own initiative, not because of social expectations, or others who have ordered me to do so, but because I take ownership of the world around me and the wellbeing of my fellow humans.

You are an authoritarian. I am a (small "d") democrat.

Tue Dec 06, 03:53:00 AM CST

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That means those of us who support the President don't think for ourselves and always follow our leaders? Sorry, it gets old when people constantly must challenge everything a leader does, just for the sake of challenging it. I too take ownership of the world around me, and that includes deciding that I would rather not support someone on the system for the rest of their life, etc.

Tue Apr 18, 01:48:00 PM CDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home